We believe in protecting the privacy of individuals and making safe and ethical use of personal information that is provided to us via electronic channels.
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself to us or on this Site, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and applicable law. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at email@example.com.
You must be at least 13 years of age to register with or use certain portions of this Site. This Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 years of age may provide any personal information to or on this Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of this Site, including the information described below.
Personally Identifiable Information
- When you fill out forms or fields on this Site;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us, this Site and our services, whether via email or other electronic means;
- When you participate in online surveys;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions; and
- When you participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
It is also possible that we may collect personally identifiable information about you from sources other than you, such as forums, instant messaging services, blogs, other users of our products and services and our business partners.
We may collect management information on our email campaigns, such as whether you have read an email sent by us, when and how many times. We will use this information to improve content and services and to inform groups of users about relevant products and services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
- Collection of Usage Details and IP Address. As you navigate through this Site, we may collect details of your visits to this Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may use this information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and business partners.
- Collection with Cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing a website. We may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. You consent to our placement of cookies on your computer. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to do so, however, your use of certain aspects of this Site may be restricted.
- Collection with Web beacons. “Web beacons” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a website to access cookies and help track general usage patterns of visitors to a website. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. We may use Web beacons to compile information regarding use of this Site.
The information collected through these technical methods, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
We do not collect any financial information on this Site. If you make a debit or credit card payment online (e.g. to pay for an order), you will be taken to a secure payment service provider who will take your payment on our behalf and return you to this Site when your order has been completed. You should not communicate credit card or other payment information via email, as it is not secure.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information, including any personally identifiable information, to:
- Confirm and complete transactions requested by you;
- Provide customer support (including, responding to your requests), troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
- Contact you to verify the information you provide to us;
- Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences;
- Ensure this Site is of interest to you (including, customization of advertising and content) and help us better understand your use of this Site;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Site;
- Conduct internal reviews of this Site and administer this Site’s systems;
- Develop, enhance, and market our products and services or the products and services of third parties;
- Provide you with promotional materials, offers, and personalized information;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide administrative communications to you;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose personally identifiable information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your personally identifiable information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, and this Site’s maintenance and security;
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights;
- In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below (see Business Transfers below); and
- To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take your personally identifiable information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use and/or disclose to third parties such aggregate or de-personalized information in any manner and without notice or compensation to you.
Requests for Quotes; Services from Requested Service Providers
Certain portions of this Site may allow you to request a quote, services or information from us or one or more third parties (“Requested Service Providers”). If you provide your personally identifiable information on the Site and request a quote, services or information from us or a Requested Service Providers (e.g., by clicking “Submit”) (a “Request”), we may share your personally identifiable information with our affiliates, Requested Service Providers that we match with your Request, your current provider, or to other third parties that match you with a Requested Service Provider. In addition, the Requested Service Providers and such third parties may further disclose, share and use any personally identifiable information provided by you in connection with your Request. If you make a Request, you expressly consent to such disclosure and use of your personally identifiable information. If you do not want your personally identifiable information shared as described above, then you should not submit a Request.
IF YOU SUBMIT A REQUEST, REQUESTED SERVICE PROVIDERS MAY CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY VIA TELEPHONE, FAX, AND EMAIL. YOU MAY RECEIVE TELEMARKETING CALLS AS A CONSEQUENCE OF SUBMITTING A REQUEST ON THIS SITE, EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY OR ANY OTHER DO NOT CALL REGISTRY.
Please note that if you submit a Request on this Site and we share your information as described above in connection with your Request, you will not have the opportunity to opt out of the disclosure of your information in connection with that Request.
Circumvention of Security Measures
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of this Site and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and website. Please see the “Online Behavioral Advertising” subsection of Choices About How We Use and Collect Your Information below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you.
All emails sent by our employees are Confidential (and all attachments to such emails are Confidential) and are to be reviewed and/or disclosed to only the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and intended. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, or distribution is strictly prohibited. Emails marked as “Confidential” contain proprietary information that is disclosed under the condition that you treat and maintain such information strictly in a confidential manner and in compliance with applicable privacy laws and that you ensure such information is not disclosed or used by others, except for the limited and confidential purpose for which it is being provided. By accepting and reviewing Confidential information provided by us, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, or expenses that we may incur as a result of the unauthorized use or disclosure of confidential information due to your acts or omissions.
Our emails are to be used only for conducting business with us. Vendors, suppliers, clients and others receiving email from us may not use our employee’s email address or contact information(or any other person’s email address appearing on or in the email) for any purpose other than corresponding with us for lawful and legitimate business purposes relating to our business. The receipt of an email is not our consent, nor our employee’s consent, for you to use our employee’s email address or contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third-parties, and such use is strictly prohibited.
All emails sent to or from our employees may be forwarded, monitored, and/or reviewed by others within Retail Space Solutions other than the designated recipient/sender with or without notice to the designated recipient/sender.
You should be aware that regular email is typically sent via the Internet which is an open network. While certain designated areas within our websites employ technologies to secure your data and the transmissions between you and us, we cannot provide assurances that all email transmissions (sent or received) are secure, error free, not corrupted, incomplete or virus free and/or that they won’t be lost, delivered incorrectly, destroyed, delayed, or intercepted/decrypted by others. Therefore we advise against sending sensitive or personally identifiable information over email, and disclaim all liability with regard to emails (and the contents therein) if they are corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed, incomplete, delivered incorrectly, intercepted, decrypted or otherwise misappropriated by others.
Computer viruses can be transmitted via email through email content, attachments to emails and embedded links. Although our emails are believed to be free of any virus or other defects that might affect computer systems in which they are received and opened, it is the recipient’s responsibility to ensure that any email they open is virus free. We are not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt, use, storage or transmission of our emails. If we forward an email or replies to a prior email, the contents may have been produced by someone other than us or our employees and we assume no responsibility for any such e-mails. The use of email to introduce any virus, malicious or disabling code, or to otherwise interfere with the our email transmissions, telecommunication, or computer networks is prohibited and against the law.
You are responsible for any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be published or displayed (“posted”) on this Site, or that you transmit to other users of this Site (collectively, “User Generated Content”). Your User Generated Content is posted on and transmitted to other users of this Site at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of this Site with whom you may choose to share your User Generated Content. We can also not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Site. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Generated Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. If this Site allows you to create an account with us, then you can review and update your personal information by logging into this Site, visiting your account profile page and making changes.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by clicking here and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms. Your browser may deliver a “Do-Not-Track (‘DNT’) signal to this Site. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the technology and marketing industries regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor DNT signals.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
Links to Third-Party Websites
Operation of this Site in the United States
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Site or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personally identifiable information, please contact us at any of the following:
- Via telephone: +1 (800) 279-5291
- Via fax: +1 (414) 755-1430
- Via mail: Retail Space Solutions LLC. ATTN: Webmaster 2727 West Good Hope Road Milwaukee, WI 53209-2048
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at email@example.com or in writing at:
Retail Space Solutions LLC
2727 West Good Hope Road
Milwaukee, WI 53209-2048
Fax Number: (414) 755-1430
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.